The following price list outlines the cost of direct cremation at Simple Choice Cremation Centre. If you are looking for a way to keep cremation costs low while making dignified final arrangements for yourself or your loved one in the Greater Windsor/Essex County Area, please visit our Arrange Online page or call us at (519) 254-2585.
Professional Fee 0-3 hours
Professional consultation with licensed personnel, which may include, but is not limited to, professional advice on options to meet your needs, including essential services relating to planning cremation.
Documentation and Registration
Completion and filing of all documents necessary to carry out the services and supplies requested, including, but not limited to, death registration, burial permit, coroner’s certificate for cremation, documentation necessary to ship the body out of the country. As part of this service, we will provide you with 4 Proof of Death certificates which are usually accepted for most estate settlement purposes, but sometimes a provincial Death Certificate will be necessary and is available from the Office of the Registrar General. Additional Proof of Death Certificates are available for $7 each after the first 4.
Transfer from Place of Death
Transportation of the remains from place of death to our holding room during normal operating hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For transfers beyond a 50 km radius, an additional fee of $1.60/km will apply, round trip, for extra mileage. If transporting after our operating hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., there will be an additional fee of $50.
Basic Preparation of Remains
The preparation of the body for placement into the cremation casket, including bathing, dressing, and the setting of facial features for identification without embalming.
Administering Third Party Documentation
Co-ordination of services and supplies provided by third party suppliers, such as flowers, and death notices.
Facilities for Sheltering of Remains
Facilities used to prepare and/or shelter the body; this charge applies whenever the body is in our facility for any purpose.
Transfer to Cemetery/Crematorium
Transfer of remains from our holding room to the cemetery/ crematorium during normal operating hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
TOTAL SERVICE CHARGES LISTED ABOVE ................................ $1495
Our service fees of $1495.00 for Simple Choice Cremation Center Inc. does not include the necessary disbursed payments to the crematorium, government and coroner, a basic cremation casket and urn and applicable 13% HST.
What We Do
Simple Choice Cremation Centre is a family owned and
operated direct cremation transfer service located in Windsor, Ontario. We have removed
as many “staff services” and “use of facilities” costs from a Traditional funeral as
possible, and are now able to offer one of the most affordable basic cremation options
in Windsor/Essex County.
- At-Need Arrangements are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
- Pre-paid arrangements by appointment.
- All pre-paid arrangements are funded and are fully guaranteed under the Government of Ontario Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002.
- Estimates and consultations are offered without obligation.
- We service the entire greater Windsor/Essex County Area.
- We carry a full selection of urns and funeral merchandise.
- Price list is available upon request.
- You are under NO obligation to make a purchase when you contact us.
- Online arrangements can be started by visiting simplechoicecremation.ca/arrangeonline.
To learn more about Simple Choice Cremation Centre, simply call (519) 254-2585 or visit www.simplechoicecremation.ca.
People choosing direct cremation come from all walks of life.
Reasons vary by individual and are personal. These reasons may include:
- Fulfilling wishes of a loved-one.
- Reducing financial burden for loved ones.
- Financial limitations that demand a less costly option.
- Some do not require formal visitation services, a funeral coach, limousines or an expensive casket.
- Preference not to be viewed or on display.
- Ability to plan a memorial gathering at a later date.
- Simpler, less emotional, more convenient.
- Compliments our increasingly mobile society.
- Outliving most of their supportive family and friends.
- Preference for Scattering.
- Environmental concerns.
- Belief that a cremated body reverts to its natural state more quickly.
- Cultural or religious traditions.